Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whoops!

Earlier this summer, I had a little piece of denim left over from another project and decided to make T some shorts out of it. I very cleverly maneuvered the pieces to fit them onto the fabric and use up that itty bitty piece. But . . . I neglected to pay any attention to whether or not the right sides were facing up! LOL!

I let the pieces sit in my sewing basket until a couple nights ago, when I decided to say "heck with it" and sew them up and consider the mismatched pieces a "design element" instead of a flaw.





I *love* them! I wish I had sewn them up right away so T could wear them this summer. At least we usually have plenty of warm days in September.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Knits for Preemies said...

Hi, Kelly. I am inquiring about your Elvish Leaves Dishcloth pattern. Did you ever figure out if you could use this basic idea to knit a shawl? I knit shawls for charity and thought this might work, but couldn't wrap my brain around how to go about it. What do you think?

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

I'm sure you could knit it into a shawl, but I'm not sure exactly how it would work up. I've never designed a shawl before. If you're doing a triangle shawl, I guess you would start at the point and add the stitch pattern as you have enough stitches. (Not very specific, I know, but that's about as much as I can tell you. :-)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

If you wanted to do a rectangular shawl style shawl, you could just add on the number of repeats to get you the width you want.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home